Fans of the most powerful and advanced RED V-RAPTOR FF and S35 RAPTOR cameras have been counting down the days until release of the cutting-edge IO and power battery module designed to meet the high expectations of their exacting camera owners.
Although the wait for its arrival may be over, videographers won’t want to delay placing an order for the much-anticipated new MUTINY RAPTOR IO for V-mount and Gold mount. The port expander and power distribution module engineered for RED’s leading camera has launched and is available on Mutiny’s website at https://www.mutiny.store/products/raptor-io. The limited number of batch 1 pre-order units is going fast and will likely sell out soon. They were set to ship in December in the order received.
Growing interest in RED’s expanding offerings has driven enthusiasm for products supporting the cutting-edge cameras. At the forefront of digital image capture technology, RED’s new flagship camera, V-RAPTOR 8K VV, boasts a compact package with the ability to shoot 8K large format or 6K S35. The new sensor in KOMODO is a 6K S35 global shutter for unmatched imagery capture and features a built-in Canon RF mount, providing users the flexibility to use numerous different lens adapters.
To perfectly match the high image quality and unparalleled global shutter sensor technology, the MUTINY RAPTOR IO module is the culmination of hundreds of hours of gathered user feedback and a year’s worth of development.
The product by MUTINY includes the most innovative Freakshow HD technology. Freakshow HD is the leading manufacturer of high spec 4k/12g products and accessories, including mini converters and reclocking distribution amplifiers. It has a reputation for producing the most technologically advanced and cost effective devices on the market today, designed for highly fluid environments and critical applications demanded by professional videographers. Additional components are expected to be produced in the future using the combined technologies of Mutiny and Freakshow HD for even more impressive results.
- The cutting-edge new RAPTOR IO features user interchangeable Core Gold and V-mount battery plates with d-taps. 2x Fischer 3 pin R/S connectors with unregulated power output (11-17V max) and 2x Lemo type 2 pin 0B power connectors with reverse backfeed power protection offer unregulated power output (11-17V max).
- RAPTOR IO also includes a 5 pin 0B timecode/genlock combo connector, BNC genlock port, 4 pin 00B CTRL port, and 9 pin 0B EXT passthrough connector for SmallHD or use of 9 pin breakout devices and triggers.
- Thanks to a resettable onboard digital fuse system with a 6A trip and LED indicator, tripping the fuse will not brown out the camera.
- The anti-battery drain switch (C ON is camera on, AD ON is anti-drain on), with the ability to cut all power to the camera and accessories, allows you to keep your camera fully built without draining the battery.
- MUTINY IO also includes a 6 pin 1B DC power input.
- A custom keyed right angle 9p 0B EXT to the camera allows for a clean, low profile connection.
- Weighing only 11.1oz, it’s very lightweight.
- SMBUS battery data passthrough on V-mount is absent on the Gold mount for now. A Gold mount with battery data plate upgrade option will be available early 2023.
- RAPTOR AV is an optional module that adds a custom FreakShow HD 1:3 12G SDI Reclocking 4K distribution amplifier and dual XLR with preamps and a 3.5mm mic input.
- Optional top plate bracing mounts, for the most popular top plates, for larger weight distribution will be coming in early 2023.
Freakshow HD has leveraged its sixty years of combined experience to create robust, cost efficient solutions for video professionals. Freakshow products are proudly made in the USA and come with a six-month manufacturer’s warranty.